File preparation and transfer
- Files are to be submitted in PDF format and uploaded to BALTO print FTP server. The login name and password are issued by our Project Managers.
- It is recommended to submit the PDF files in PDF/X-4 version.
- It is mandatory to indicate the TrimBox and BleedBox markings on every page of the PDF file.
- Print-ready paste-ups must include empty pages as well.
- It is required to leave bleeds from 3 to 5 mm. 5mm is better than 3mm.
- Spot UV varnish forms, foil stamping and die-cutting paste-ups are to be submitted in separate vectorial files in Adobe Acrobat (*.pdf) format. They must coincide with the publication paste-up format geometrically.
- The inner pages of the publication are recommended to be submitted in one file, but no larger than 2 GB.
- If you wish to print on coated paper, do not exceed the maximum dot amount of 330% (for non-coated paper - 300%).
- When pasting-up the publication, do not position text and other important elements closer than 5 mm from the trimming edges of the publication (ArtBox).
- The covers for Saddle-stitching Binding (saddle-stitched brochures) are to be submitted according to the general recommendations of the publication preparation (see pt. 7).
- The cover (along with the spine), folder paste-ups for Case and Saddle-stitching Bindings are to be submitted as an evolvent in separate files.
- For Perfect Binding products, we recommend leaving 3 mm width strips of unprinted page on the first and last block pages, as well as the second and third covers of Perfect Binding products for a firmer block fix to the cover.
- For Perfect Binding products, it is necessary to leave 7 mm width strips next to the spine of the first and last block pages, as well as of their second and third cover. These strips will be glued, so no text or important graphic elements should be placed there.
- For Case Bound products, we recommend leaving 5 mm width strips of unprinted page on the first and last block pages, as well as the 4th page of the first endsheet and 1st page of the second endsheet, for a firmer block fix to the cover.
- For Case Bound products, it is necessary to leave 8 mm width strips next to the spine of the first and last block pages, as well as the 4th page of the first endsheet and the 1st page of the second endsheet. The strips will be glued, so no text or important graphic elements should be placed here.
- Offset printing publications must have no objects of RGB, LAB and MultiChannel colour gamut left. They must be converted to CMYK or Grayscale colour gamuts or/and pantone colours. Publications for digital printing must not contain any pantone colours.
- All fonts used in the paste-up must be embedded into the PDF file.
- The paste-up must not contain lines thinner than 0.02 mm (hairlines).
- We recommend using raster objects of 300-400 dpi resolution in the publication paste-up. In any case, the resolution of raster objects must not be less than 150 dpi.
- Raster or vector object containing 3% (or less) raster in one CMYK channel is very likely to disappear in print, therefore such objects should not be used.
- All media submitted by the clients are stored until the product is completed and delivered to the client.
- We do not undertake any responsibility for the media which were not reclaimed by the customers in time.
- The received files are not archived and we undertake no responsibility for their further preservation.
- Please contact our Prepress Department for any questions: +370 5 210 11 13.
All files for print are to be uploaded to ftp://ftp.baltoprint.com.
Please request your login information:
- from your Project Manager
- via phone: +370 5 210 11 11
- via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are planning to upload considerably large files or have a slow and unstable internet connection, we recommend using FileZilla's free software. Download it at http://filezilla-project.org/
If due to some important reason (e.g., limited connectivity) you are unable to use the FTP protocol, please submit larger files via WeTransfer website.